The internet has a lot to offer and if you are particularly looking to learn something for free that too without compromising the quality then the internet is the best place for you.
With the COVID-19 situation around us, we all are forced to stay at are home but with the internet and the right online learning platform ,we can actually learn a lot and that to without spending money.
There are many educational websites that provide free courses or are currently providing free online courses.
Here is the list of Top 10 Most Popular Websites for free Online Courses.
It is free for both learners and teachers and offers lessons for students from kindergarten to early college in a personalized learning experience.
The content produced is in the form of a very well-organized way of learning with a blend of both short videos and practice exercises.
They have a vast variety of topics to learn for free from Math K-12 through early college, grammar, science, history, computer programming, SAT®, GMAT, IIT JEE, and much more.
- Trusted content made by experts.
- Globally available for all ages.
- Free for both Students and Teachers.
- Various tools to empower Educators.
Click the button to download the Application of Khan Academy:
You can also check the YouTube Channel of Khan Academy by clicking the button :
ALISON is one of the world’s largest free learning platforms for education and skills training, which majorly focuses on
It is a for-profit social enterprise dedicated to making it possible for anyone, to study anything, anywhere, at any time.
What makes ALISON a great platform is that apart from providing free resources it also provides free certification in a few courses.
Though the main focus is on workplace-based skills like business, health, and technology, it also offers specializations and degrees in a variety of subjects published by many big-name universities and organizations.
- Absolutely free
- Free Certifications available
- High equality learning resources and skill training.
- Diploma courses available.
Click the button to download the Application of ALISON:
You can also check the YouTube Channel of ALISON by clicking the button below:
COURSERA is undoubtedly one of the best online learning platform, because it is not entirely free unlike the other two above on our list that is why it comes third on our list.
Coursera has partnered with top universities and organizations around the world to offer top-notch and high-quality learning resources.
With top instructors, certifications, and degrees in very vast list topics, Coursera provides you with all the above in a highly personalized and simple way of learning.
- Top instructors from world-class universities.
- Reliable and high-quality learning resources.
- Interactive learning.
- Community discussion forums.
- Online degrees.
- Professional Certifications and Specializations.
- 24/7 assistance.
Click the button to download the Application of COURSERA:
You can also check the YouTube Channel of COURSERA by clicking the button below:
Udemy is among one of the most popular online learning platform that offers learning with a mix of free and paid content.
It provides high-quality content with personalized learning and unlike other learning platforms, it additionally allows users to build custom courses from lessons.
It is aimed at professional adults and students.
Apart from a vast variety of high-quality learning resources, it also provides various certifications and specializations.
- Over 150K courses and over 33 million minutes of videos to learn from.
- Personalized and self-paced learning.
- Even you can customize and curate your own course and teach online.
- Certifications and specializations are available.
- A mix of both free and paid content.
- High emphasis on quality of content.
Click the button to download the Application of UDEMY:
You can also check the YouTube Channel of UDEMY by clicking the button below:
edX is an open online course provider that offers free online courses from university-level in a wide range of disciplines.
edX is a nonprofit organization founded by MIT and HARVARD with the aim to transform traditional education by cutting of the barriers of cost, access, and location.
It completely reinvents and re-imagines the education system by providing high quality interactive online content supplemented by virtual laboratories, gamification, online exercises, and a lot more.
It is a great online learning platform with a variety of free online courses and certifications from world-class schools, universities, and companies.
- Everyone has the option to develop new educational tools.
- A Vast range of topics from data and computer science to leadership and communications.
- Supporting learners at every stage of their career.
- A mix of both free and paid content but largely free content.
Click the button to download the Application of edX:
You can also check the YouTube Channel of edX by clicking the button below:
Unlike all the other Online learning platforms on our list, Codecademy is dedicated to those who love coding and computer science.
Codecademy is a free online learning platform that teaches you how to code in more than 12 different programming languages.
The best thing about the courses is that they are very well-organized and they do explain each component in a very simple way.
It also offers you with live practice window with which you can code while still viewing the course material.
A pro version is also available which is paid that gives users access to personalized learning plans, quizzes, and realistic projects.
- Free to learn
- More than 12 programming languages.
- A global community of over 45 million learners.
- Organized into different easy to navigate modules.
- Practice session workflow-you can code while viewing the lesson.
Click the button to download the Application of CODECADEMY:
You can also check the YouTube Channel of CODECADEMY by clicking the button below:
Stanford Online is an educational initiative launched by Stanford University which offers a variety of professional education opportunities such as online courses, certifications, degrees, executive education, and a lot more.
Though the topics are little limited as compared to others on the list but the courses are very engaging and are closely worked with Stanford schools, departments, programs, and centers.
The standard of the content that is being offered is highly qualitative.
- Self-paced and session-based classes.
- Stanford instructors providing various classroom sessions, videos, and resources.
- It offers various resources like online videos, certifications, specializations, and much more.
- Free and available globally.
You can also check the YouTube Channel of STANFORD ONLINE by clicking the button below:
Open culture online courses is another great online learning platform that offers you with an enormous free online courses that is scattered on the internet for free.
It offers high-quality cultural & educational media for the worldwide learning community.
If you are struggling to find the right learning material for you for free, this is the website to look into, what it does is that it collects and curates the free courses available from universities around the world in easy to browse categories all at one place.
It saves a lot of time as you need not look into each university sites for what courses they are offering free as Open Culture Online Courses offers you that at its website.
- Courses, videos, podcasts,Audio Books, from Top universities in one place.
- Absolutely free content and courses.
- Globally available to everyone
- A huge amount of content available from across the Internet.
It offers educational material from its undergraduate to graduate-level, online globally for free.
It offers over 2,400 courses. The quality of the material available is no doubt exceptional with an in-depth explanation.
- Totally free
- Top-quality content from World-class institute like MIT
- Video lectures, textbooks, lecture notes from lecturers available.
- Highly Interactive Courses.
You can also check the YouTube Channel of MIT OpenCourseWare by clicking the button :
TEDed is another great online learning platform with a mission to spark and celebrate the ideas of teachers and students around the world by offering you various Educational courses for free.
There is a wide range of videos on general learning which is well supplemented by materials and quizzes.
Another thing that makes it one the best online platform for education is its highly impressive animations which make formal learning fun.
- Absolutely free.
- Makes formal education very interactive through animation videos.
- Learners and Educators can customize the courses.
- Videos are well supported by quizzes and exercises.
You can also check the YouTube Channel of TEDed by clicking the button :